Monday 20 October 2014

Music Videos

I am researching music videos within my genre. This will help me to get an idea of the costumes and props that they use within this genre for when I produce my magazine. I have chosen them and analysed what they all have in common so I can gain some knowledge of the genre. 

Twin Size Mattress- The Front Bottoms


Chocolate- The 1975


Linger- The Cranberries


Girlfriend In A Coma- The Smiths 


Things in Common:
1: There is a lot of black and white, and not much lighting in these music videos.
2: There is many times in these videos that they are in cars, which shows that cars are a main prop used within indie rock bands.
3: They all wear black or dark clothing, there is not much color within these videos.
4: The top 3 all have relevance to smoking with either lighters or cigarettes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment