Wednesday 29 October 2014

Costume Ideas

I have researched clothing styles and costume ideas within the genre of indie rock. These ideas will help me decide what type of costume I will have my subject in when I produce my magazine cover, contents and double page spread. These will give me a range of ideas to choose my costumes from. Costume and clothing styles for my genre will help me when I do my photo shoot for the cover, contents, and double page spread as then my genre will match with my magazine. 

The style circling around indie rock music is seen as 'hipter' or 'indie'. This means that a lot of the styles are taken from past style icons (even 1920 style clothing) and are revamped. There is a lot of baggy clothing, such as baggy jeans and shirts. Popular articles of clothing for women within this style are: bobble hats, beanies, sunglasses/glasses, Doc Marten/boots, vans, band tops, ripped clothing, and satchels. Men who dress with this style normally wear similar clothing to the women, as the women wear 'mans clothes' such as baggy shirts and jeans. The men will also wear bow ties, cardigans, and tartan shirts. 
Most of the clothing that they wear will come from charity shops, or independent stores. For high street stores, they will mostly shop at places such as H&M, Topshop, and Urban Outfitters. The popularity within this style of clothing has allowed the high street stores to have these style clothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment