Wednesday 29 October 2014

Google mockups and layouts

Cover page:

Cover box plan-


Google mock ups 
1) Haim


This cover would have looked better if I had put the masthead slightly behind the main cover photo. This would have made the cover look more professional. I really enjoy the colours that are being used in this cover, I think the blue, white and black go well together, whilst also allowing the reader to be able to easily read the text. There aren't many feature stories on this cover, because I like how it is quite minimal, but I have added a plug and a footer. This follows the conventions as it has feature stories, a footer, a barcode, a plug, and a masthead. 

2) Lorde


I really like how this cover barely has any colour, besides the off white text on the left hand side. I think the colours go really well with the cover picture, and that the colours allow the text to be easily readable. The text fonts are consistent, only using two different fonts, yet using the same fonts throughout the feature stories. This cover has the main conventions, such as feature stories, barcode, masthead and a plug. One thing that this cover doesn't have is a skyline, which I thought would make it look too cluttered when I was making this. If this was my final cover piece, I would make sure that the text wasn't too close to the margins and would make sure that everything was easily readable. 

3) Lana Del Rey


I like that this cover image has the scenery background, but it makes it difficult to place text sometimes. The colour scheme I used was navy blue, white and black, and I followed that consistently throughout the whole cover. Unfortunately, some of the text is hard to read, and that would not be good as some readers may not be able to see the text easily. I have the main conventions such as a footer, feature stories, a barcode, masthead and a plug. I really like the mast head that I have in this cover, as it is bold and easily readable. The masthead stands out from the blue of the background which makes the reader know the name of the magazine, which is good. 


Contents:


Contents page google mockup:


I like this mock contents page. I like the way that the conventions are structured on the page. It includes the feature stories with the page numbers. This contents page follows the conventions of a contents page as it includes the masthead, letter from the editor, feature stories, and a subscription advert, I really enjoy how this contents page includes a top 40 for the genre, and has pictures of the artists which have articles in the magazine. I think the pictures allow for the contents page to have a more fun visual aspect to them, which will keep the reader interested. 


Double page spread: 

box plan- 


No comments:

Post a Comment