Friday 9 January 2015

Contents page- making

When I started my contents page, I had to make an A4 canvas to work on. I changed the colour of the background to a light grey, so that it would match with the background in the front cover. The first thing that I did was add in a picture of the artist on the main cover. I made this the largest image to be sure that the readers would know that it is the front cover article. I had added a pull quote from the article to help draw in the readers, and above the image I added in the masthead, and a 'Contents' title for the page. 
On the left hand side, I added in a band index. This includes all of the bands talked about in the magazine, with their page numbers. Underneath that I have added a letter from the editor, and I have also put a layout with titles for the other articles.


I have decided that I wanted to add little arrows next to the articles that are on the front cover. This will further show the reader where the items that are on the front cover are if that is what they are interested in.


To add the text over the arrow, I just used the text option and typed it over the arrow.


To add the black rectangle to make it stand out more, I just used the rectangle box, and placed it over the text and arrow. I then changed the colour of the box to black to allow you to see the text on it. 


I didn't want the box to stand out too much, so I changed the opacity of it so it wouldn't be too overbearing. 


I've made some changes to the contents page, I have added in the red colour. I have done this to match it to my contents page, as I have added the red colour in there. 

I have decided to add the album covers into the Reviews section of my contents page. I like this because the readers can recognise the albums, and go to that page because they want to read that specific article. To do this, I just merged the image into a layer on the contents page, and adjusted the size to fit into the contents page section that it is supposed to be in. 



I have added in the bottom left hand corner a subscription box. I used the first two drafts of my front cover as the 'previous magazine issues' to make it look like a real magazine. To make the subscription box, I drew a rectangle with the Rectangle tool. 


I then opened up my first drafts of my cover page, and resized them to make them smaller to fit into my contents page. I did this by using the Rectangular Marquee Tool to make a rectangle around the image, and then Free Transformed it. This allowed me to make the image the size that I wanted it to be to fit in the contents page. 


Once I added the image into the contents page, I resized it again and rotated it using Free Transform under the Rectangular Marquee tool. When I had resized it how I wanted it to be, I then applied the transformation. 


To finish this, I moved the image exactly where I wanted to be. 


To finish this whole subscription box, I need to add the very first draft into it, the same way I added this one in. To finish it, I will add some text telling the readers how to subscribe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment